Zigaflow works by taking a Word document uploaded as a 'PDF template', adding the data (for example quote details) and then running it through a rendering process to produce the PDF. Sometimes, this is can lead to unexpected results and sometimes building the Word document itself is quite challenging. So, here is a guide to making the process of creating the Word document as easy as possible.
There are two settings that are fundamental to how the Word document renders:
- Text Wrapping
- Move with Text / Fix Position on Page
Fortunately, as well as being on the right-click menu its also available on the object short-cut:
The two are interdependent - if an item is in line with text but doesn't move with the text it will result in some interesting behavior.
To control this for a table, you will need to
- Select the table
- Select 'Table Properties'
- Select the 'Table' tab
- Click on 'Positioning'
- If you have a document with graphics and text boxes that you want to stay in the same position you will need to set all the objects (images, text boxes) to 'Fix Position on page' and the object to be in front or behind the text. This gives maximum control to position them
- If you have a table on the page, make sure that the 'Allow Overlap' is also set to false (see the above image).
- If you have an expanding table, such as the list of items in a quote be aware that the size of it will increase so any objects below that are not set to move with text will overlap. This will mess up objects set in rule 1
- If you want to have items fixed in place further down in a document below an expanding table, insert a page break after the table (or first page) and then fix all the objects (images, etc.) on the second page. Don't rely on the page break Word inserts automatically - insert them where you need them
- Objects below an expanding table should be set to 'Move with Text'
- If you want to fix them into position, either
- Set them above the table or,
- Put them on another page separated by a manual page break
- Objects not expected to move should be set to 'Fix position on page' and behind or in front of text. Use page breaks to better control these