These allow the tracking and creation of paperwork, typically for two scenarios:
- Rental returns
- Repair returns
- It is possible to track an item by its reference number (e.g. a serial number) as it moves from stock to the client and back again
- Non-referenced number items can be returned from a client to stock but as they are not individually referenced the are not held in the client's asset list
Flow of Stock / Assets
- Only when a Customer Return has its status set to 'Received' are the assets moved from the client to stock
- Returning to a Customer. Create a new job for any repair work, etc. and allocated the newly returned item in stock to it. Do not use the original job the item was on as you will not be able to ship it. Then create a delivery note for delivery.
- The record of the client asset is not deleted from the client assets register. It is marked as 'Returned'
By default these are hidden on the client asset list but can be shown:
Creating a Standalone Customer Return
- Go To -> Customer Returns
- New Customer Return
- Enter the customer's name to ensure that the correct client assets are listed
- Click on 'Add Client Asset'
- The available assets are displayed -pick the one to return
- Click the 'Add Items' to add a non-referenced item (i.e. with no serial number)
- Set the stock location the items are to be returned to:
- Set the status to 'Received' to book the items into stock and out of the client's
Creating from a Job/Order
Once an asset has been allocated on a job, then shipped to the client using a delivery note, it is possible to generate the Customer Return from the job. The customer asset is shown on the job line item:
Click on the 'Create Customer Return' button.
The return is generated. Set the stock location to the return the item(s) and set the status to 'Received' to complete the move.
- Use the Cog -> View Stock Log to see incoming stock (i.e. from customer returns)
- Use the Cog -> View Client Asset Log to see changes to client assets