Tasks work across all of Zigaflow but can be generated from quotes, jobs, opportunities, and other functionality. They can be created when a job or other document is moved to a new status and enable you to make sure your processes are followed.
Also see questions for how to make sure you collect and store the information you need for each quote, job, etc.
To create a task, for example, to create a task to book a site visit, or to make sure materials are checked when a quote is accepted:
- Go to -> Quotations
- Click on Pre-builds
- Edit or create a pre-build
- Scroll to the bottom of the form
- Click on the 'Tasks' tab
- Click on New Task
- Select the task type (Note: New task types can be added at Configure -> CRM -> Task Types)
- Select the status that the task will be generated at
- Set a specific name in the 'Assigned To:' or leave blank in which case the assigned user for the quote, job, etc. will be selected
When you create the document, in this case a quotation, select the pre-build you have added the tasks to:
Initially, it will not show any tasks (unless you have set it to generate one in Draft status):
However, when it is moved to the 'To Survey' status, the task(s) are created and visible on the job's panel:
The task can be marked as completed either by opening it on the task tab in the quote, job, etc. or it can be edited and completed in the individual's CRM ->Tasks screen.
Managers can use the CRM -> Tasks screen to view outstanding tasks across all team members.
Once it is completed, it is marked through on the panel: