An Event is a task or log. It might be a reminder to follow up with a lead, or a note of a conversation.
An event is always associated with a client. It can also be associated with an opportunity. If you add it to an opportunity it will also be accessible from the company or contact (i.e. the client).
They can be created and edit from these places:
- Opportunity edit screen
- Events tab on a customer edit screen
- Events tab on a contact edit screen
- Events Calendar
The edit screen from all these places is similar to this:
Useful buttons are:
- 'Complete' - this marks an item complete
- 'Complete & Duplicate (+1d)' completes the current event and creates a copy of it 1 day on from the original event's date
- 'Complete & Duplicate (+7d)' completes the current event and creates a copy of it 7 days on from the original event's date
- 'Not Complete' - marks the events and not complete
Events on the Pipeline
These are shown by the calendar icons:
- A red calendar icon means the event is overdue
- Green is for action today
- Grey is in the future
Setting up Event Types
There are three default event types: Meeting, Call & Email. You can add your own by:
- Clicking on the Cog
- Selecting 'CRM Settings'
- Selecting Event Types on the left
- Adding your new types
These will now appear as options in the event type dropdown.
Select CRM -> Events and click on 'List' at the top right-hand of the screen.
The list can be filtered by Companies, Contacts, dates and assigned users on the right. Click on the 'Include Completed' tick box to show completed events.
Similar to popular calendars, you can switch between day, week and other views, at the top right. Filter by Companies, Contacts, and Contact on the right.
- Double click on an event to open
- Drag-and-drop to move it
- Grip the top or bottom and move it to change the start or end time