An eForm template is a previously created set of questions and settings that can be used to create a new eForm.
Note: This is different from an eForm PDF template. That is for showing the sign-off information in a PDF.
Creating an eForm Template
There are two ways you can do this:
- On the eForm screen, click 'Templates' then on the next screen, click on 'New Template'. In this case, see the article 'Edit an eForm' on how to add details.
- Open an existing eForm and click on the 'Create Template' button.This will create a template based on the current eForm.
Creating an eForm from a Template
Once you have created a template you can use it to create a new eForm that stands alone from any quote, job or invoice. To do this, On the eForms list screen, click on 'Templates' then on the templates screen click on the 'Create eForm' button against the template you want to use:
Getting the most out of eForms
1) Make a template the default for an item (e.g. product or service). See out how here
2) Generate it from a Quote, Job or PO. Find out how here
3) Add a set of eForms to a Quote, Job or PO template so they are automatically created when you create one of these