You can import clients, suppliers, and products into Zigaflow and push your sales invoices and supplier invoices into QuickBooks.
Connecting to QuickBooks
Once you have connected you won't need to connect again.
- Go to the Cog at the top right
- Select 'Integration Settings'
- Click on 'Connect' next to the QuickBooks logo:
On the next page, enter your QuickBooks login details:
Click on Connect on the next page:
You are now connected. You can disconnect by clicking on the Revoke button:
See this video to see how to set up the account:
Importing Tax and Nominal Codes
In order for Zigaflow to match up with QuickBooks, you need to import these. Once you have connected to QuickBooks:
- Click on the cog
- Select Accounting Settings
- Select 'Tax Codes' on the left
- 'Import from QuickBooks'
- Select the codes you need
- Follow the same process for the account codes
Exporting Supplier Invoices
Assuming that you are connected to QuickBooks you can export supplier invoices in the system to QuickBooks.
To do this:
- Select Modules
- Select Purchase Orders
- At the top, click on the 'Supplier Invoices' button
- Click on 'Export'
- Click on 'QuickBooks Export'. If you do not see this, you are not connected to QuickBooks through Zigaflow
- On this screen, you can review the invoices before exporting
- When they have been exported, the date they have been exported is marked so they will not be exported again
- Select the date range for the supplier invoices on the left
- Click on 'QuickBooks Export' to push them to QuickBooks
Supplier invoices will only exported if their statuses are:
Exporting Sales Invoices to QuickBooks
If an item does not have a nominal code Zigaflow will use 'Sales'.
There are two ways to export sales invoices to QuickBooks:
From an Invoice
The invoice cannot be in draft or canceled status. You may have to click on the '+Show More Settings' link which will show this button:
If you can't see it, make sure you are connected in the Integration Settings page.
Clicking on this will export the invoice to QuickBooks and put in the Exported date as today. The system will not re-export an invoice with the exported date set. You can reset the date to allow this to be exported again.
From the Invoice List Screen
This will open a screen to export all the invoices that have not been exported, do not have the status of draft or canceled and are within your specified date range.
Exporting Supplier Invoices
- Go to Purchase Orders
- Select 'Supplier Invoices'
- Click on the button at the top right 'Export' -> 'QuickBooks Export'
- Filter the invoices by data and whether you want to re-export
- Click on 'QuickBooks Export'
- This will mark all the exported invoices with today's date to prevent them from being exported again.
Importing your Clients from QuickBooks
Jumping to an Invoice in QuickBooks Directly from Zigaflow
Once you have a sales invoice exported into QuickBooks you can now open that directly from Zigaflow.
On the invoices’ list screen you click on the QuickBooks icon. This opens the invoice in the accounts software in another browser tab.
You can also open it from the invoice edit screen using the QuickBooks icon.
If you can't see the icon, make sure you click on 'Show More Settings'. The icon will not appear if the invoice has not been exported.
The transaction ID that is created when you post an invoice to QuickBooks is based on the user credentials used to connect to Quickbooks. This means that if you post an invoice then reconnect to QuickBooks from Zigaflow with a different login these links will be incorrect. As long as you use one set of user credentials to connect from Zigaflow (which is the normal way to work) this will not be a problem.